Cleaning the under the rim of the toilet can be a challenging task, as it is an area that is prone to accumulating dirt, grime, and bacteria. However, it is an important task to keep your toilet clean and hygienic. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to clean under the rim of the toilet:
Step 1: Gather your supplies
Before you begin cleaning, you will need to gather a few supplies. You will need:
- A pair of gloves: To protect your hands from bacteria and other contaminants.
- A toilet brush: To scrub away dirt and grime.
- A disinfectant cleaner: To kill bacteria and germs.
- A toothbrush or other small scrub brush: To get into hard-to-reach areas.
Step 2: Remove any visible dirt and grime
Start by using a toilet brush to scrub away any visible dirt and grime from under the rim of the toilet. Make sure to scrub the entire area, including the back of the rim and the underside of the bowl.
Step 3: Use a disinfectant cleaner
Once you have removed any visible dirt and grime, it is important to use a disinfectant cleaner to kill bacteria and germs. You can use a store-bought toilet bowl cleaner or a homemade solution of equal parts water and vinegar.
Pour the cleaner around the rim of the toilet and use a toilet brush or toothbrush to scrub the entire area. Make sure to get into all the nooks and crannies, as bacteria and germs can hide in these areas.
Step 4: Rinse and dry
Once you have finished scrubbing, rinse the area thoroughly with water to remove any remaining cleaner and dirt. Then, use a clean, dry cloth to wipe the area dry.
Step 5: Repeat as needed
It is important to clean under the rim of the toilet regularly to prevent the build-up of dirt, grime, and bacteria. Depending on the level of use, you may need to clean the area every week or so.
Tips for Keeping Your Toilet Clean
Here are a few tips to help you keep your toilet clean and hygienic:
- Use a toilet brush: Toilet brushes are designed specifically to clean the inside of the toilet bowl and are much more effective at removing dirt and grime than a sponge or cloth.
- Flush regularly: Flushing the toilet regularly helps to prevent the build-up of dirt and grime.
- Use a toilet cleaner: Toilet cleaners are designed to kill bacteria and germs and can help to keep your toilet clean and hygienic.
- Wipe down the seat and handle: The seat and handle of the toilet can also harbor bacteria and germs, so it is important to wipe these areas down regularly with a disinfectant cleaner.
- Clean the outside of the toilet: Don’t forget to clean the outside of the toilet, including the tank, handle, and base.
What are the supplies needed to clean under the rim of the toilet?
How often should the under the rim of the toilet be cleaned?
What type of cleaner is best to use when cleaning under the rim of the toilet?
What are some tips for keeping the toilet clean and hygienic?
Can a homemade solution of vinegar and water be used as a disinfectant cleaner for under the rim of the toilet?
Cleaning under the rim of the toilet is an important task to keep your toilet clean and hygienic. By following these steps and using the right supplies and cleaners, you can easily and effectively clean this often-neglected area. To keep your toilet clean and fresh, it is important to clean under the rim regularly and to also clean the seat, handle, and outside of the toilet. With a little bit of effort, you can keep your toilet looking and smelling fresh and clean.
About the Author
I am a writer who does research on the bathroom and researches whether minimalist or modern bathroom equipment and products. I will continue to write to make the time spent in the bathrooms enjoyable.